Happy almost-New Year Zenful Dancers! 2015 was a tremendous year of a wonderful highs and several very low lows- grounds for learning better for next year! Here’s my Top 10:
10. Let go. Getting upset seems to affect me far more than I’ve openly admitted in the past. It makes me physically sick. Sure there’s a time and place for getting upset, but to cling to the idea of it while it drives me into the ground is well, SO counterproductive! Plus, I can’t think straight and I prefer to think straight. 🙂
9. Health comes first. Be healthy and stay healthy. No more taking good health for granted. Health problems affect all areas of my life including my job, my relationships and my mood, not just my body.
8. Meditation is a lifesaver, I should do it more. I’ve had a morning practice for years. Time to add evenings.
7. Everyone I cross paths with is my teacher. If I remain open, I can learn and grow from everyone I meet. What to do. What not to do. Valuable lessons.
6. There is peace of mind in saving more money and owning less stuff.
5. Stop underestimating myself. I am capable of far more when I choose to stay the path and not give into being a victim.
4. Laugh everyday. I friggen’ LOVE to laugh and I have never made a conscious effort to do it on a daily basis. Life is SO much better with belly-aching, side-splitting laughter!
3. Invest without setting expectations of specific results. Easy to say but much harder to do, this is a big lesson for me this year.
2. I am capable of living an extraordinary life once I get out of my own way. Enough said.
1. Being happy can bring others happiness. I had always thought this notion was selfish but this year I learned that it doesn’t have to be bad-selfish, as long as being happy isn’t at the expense of others. Rather, it can be the kind that radiates goodness to everyone around me.
Here’s to a successful 2016 full of happiness, love, joy, laughter, growth and GREAT health!
Leah Joy, The Zenful Blogger