Here are a few things you can do in honor of Earth Day:
1. Hug a tree. Literally.
2. Plant a tree.
3. Carpool or better yet, bike or walk to work if you can.
4. Eat locally grown, sustainable and organic foods.
5. The average American uses between 80-100 gallons of water each day. Try cutting your shower time in half and only flush the Number 2s! 🙂
6. See some garbage lying around? Contrary to public opinion, it doesn’t belong there. Pick it up and throw it in the trash.
7. Give packets of flower and vegetable seeds away as gifts.
8. Bring your own “to go” mug to your local coffee shop and skip the paper cups!
9. Read your favorite publication online instead of buying it off the news rack.
10. Take the time to read the recycling vs. garbage containers and make sure you tossing your shit in the right bin.
Okay, so the list is several longer than a few, but I hope that inspires you as much as it does me.
Happy Planet Earth Day Everybody!
-Leah Joy, The Zenful (and hopefully Planet Earth conscious) Blogger