Tea. I am a bit of a freak when it comes to tea. Some people reserve it for when they’re feeling sick. Not me. I like it for all sorts of reasons. Here are my top 10 reasons for drinking tea:
1. Hot lemon tea to get things moving when I wake up. (too much information?)
2. Green tea anytime before 6pm for a pick me up and a serious dose of antioxidants.
3. Jasmine or Genmaicha with any Asian cuisine is delicious!
4. Ginger or peppermint teas settle my stomach after a big meal.
5. Chamomile tea helps me sleep.
6. Matcha green tea when I’m feeling fancy and want to drink out of a ceramic bowl instead of a mug.
7. Iced berry tea with mint leaves and a bit of sugar or Stevia on a hot day.
8. Lavender tea with honey for relaxing (obviously). The aromatherapy alone is fantastic!
9. Orange Spice is more than nice by itself, but so yummy with honey as well.
10. Earl Grey with a bit of raw brown sugar and a splash of milk (usually soy or almond for me) is dessert as far as I’m concerned. It’s even more of a treat with a few lavender petals mixed in.
There’s a lot more where that came from but these are my favorites. And now that I’ve gone “rogue” off coffee (my third attempt in this lifetime), thank goodness there’s such a diverse and appealing selection of teas to fall back on.
Tomorrow I’m excited to talk about a few of my favorite tea companies and tea houses, so stay tuned!
-Leah Joy, The Zenful Blogger